If you knew the benefits, you would want to invest in one.
Whether you’re a first-time parent or you already have kids, you still experience the challenge of trying to get your baby to sleep. I mean, it is really hard work, on top of having to do all the chores that come with parenting a baby, you still have to find time to rock your baby. Some parents opt to rock their babies in their arms until they fall asleep, while others do so with the aid of a baby swing. You can, however, be more successful in your quest, with an automatic baby swing.
So let us pretend for a second that we’re aliens, and we have no idea what a baby swing is, but it sounds interesting, and we want to know more about it. Well, the cool equipment allows you to place your baby or infant in an ideal position while allowing you to rock the baby to sleep.
Let’s face it; having a baby is no walk in the park. Imagine being a mother of three plus a bay, you will often find yourself in a situation where you are making dinner, you have to help your other kids with homework, and just at that moment, your baby begins to cry. Now, if you’d ask mothers around the world what their biggest wish; right after having more time to rest, they would tell you that they wish they possessed an extra pair of hands. While that is impossible, a baby swing might relieve you of some duties, thus giving you the sense of having extra hands.
What exactly makes the automatic baby swing so special? You might ask.
Unlike the regular manual swing, the automatic one is programmed with countless motions to suit your baby’s needs and moods. Babies may seem to have the same preferences, but that is not the case. Some babies prefer the front to back swinging, while others find the side to side rocking soothing. Unless you have some hidden power, I do not see how a human parent could adjust their rocking movement.
The motor installed in the automatic swing provides some heat to the baby seat. Because babies are accustomed to the heat inside the mother’s womb, they find this newly found heat satisfying, and this allows them to be more comfortable.
I’m sure as a parent; you have learned the hard way that keeping your baby entertained and distracted is the main ingredient in keeping peace and harmony in your household. While it is vital that you spend some quality time with your baby, to create a bond that is important to their growth, there are times when you really can’t. Luckily, automated swings often come with music that serves as a lullaby, as well as toys rotating from the top bar of the swing; this is sure to keep the baby’s attention for a while, thus giving you some time to go about your business.
With speed adjustment buttons built in an automated swing, it has never been easier to put a baby to sleep. As a parent, you should know that different rocking speeds are used to get different reactions from babies. For example, you will rock a baby a bit fast when the infant is fussy or agitated, however, trying to put the baby boy or girl is a completely different story, as you will often have to slow your movements and ideally sing a lullaby, to get the infant to sleep.
Even though an automated swing provides much convenience to the parents, a parent’s top priority will always be their baby’s safety. Many features have been integrated into most automatic swings, to maximize your infant’s safety. This does not, however, mean that you are totally and utterly free to go about your business once you have placed the baby in the swing. It just means that your baby is safe under your supervision.
We’ve established thus far that automatic baby gear is a key to easier parenting, notice I said easier and not easy because make no mistake unless you can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on nannies, parenting will never be easy. However, there are a couple of things to remember when using an automatic swing for your baby:
- Due to the way the baby swing seat is designed, you should avoid using the swing as a baby carrier, as this could cause serious injuries to your infant.
- Be aware of the size limit of the swing, as this is set to keep your baby safe. If the infant has grown to the point where crawling out of the swing has become easy, then it is probably time to stop using the swing.
- Know how to adjust the swinging speed properly. Faster speeds may do more harm than good to smaller babies, whereas slower speeds may not be as effective in calming older babies. A rule of thumb is, to begin with, lower speed and gradually increase it.
- The automatic swing is so convenient that it might be extremely tempting to leave your infant there for hours, to give yourself time to take care of your other duties and rest, I get it. However, that is not recommended, because excessive swinging and rocking may make your infant dizzy, which could, in some cases, lead to other issues.
- Similar to other baby swings and bouncers, you should refrain from placing the automatic swing on an elevated surface.
- As is the case with anything not provided by Mother Nature, you should consult with your pediatrician before you begin to make use of an automatic baby swing.
An automatic baby swing might seem a bit expensive, but when you consider all the features (that can be found in www.babyloveswings.org.com) it comes with and all the relief it can provide for yourself and your infant, you begin to realize that the investment is worth it. As long as you follow the safety instructions to a T, you are well on your way to having an “extra” pair of hands to occupy your infant, while you take care of your other parenting chores.