The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has been dominating the box office since 2008 with the release of Iron Man. Over the years, the franchise has become a cultural phenomenon, grossing billions of dollars worldwide and amassing a massive fan base. However, after the epic conclusion to the Infinity Saga with Avengers: Endgame, fans are eager to see what the future holds for the MCU in 2020 and beyond.
The upcoming Phase Four of the MCU is set to introduce new characters, storylines, and themes. Here’s what fans can expect from Marvel movies in 2020:
1. Black Widow: The highly anticipated Black Widow standalone film will explore the character’s past and her journey to becoming an Avenger. Scarlett Johansson’s Natasha Romanoff has been a fan favorite since her debut in Iron Man 2, and this film promises to be an action-packed adventure that sets the stage for the future of the MCU.
2. The Eternals: This film will introduce a new set of heroes to the MCU, the Eternals, immortal beings created by the cosmic entities known as Celestials. The cast includes Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, and Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington. The movie is expected to explore themes of immortality, love, and sacrifice.
3. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: Marvel’s first Asian-led film, Shang-Chi, follows the titular character, a kung-fu master, on his quest to confront his father, the leader of the Ten Rings criminal organization. The movie is expected to blend martial arts action with themes of family and identity.
4. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) returns for a new adventure, this time tackling the concept of the multiverse. The sequel will also feature Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, a character whose actions in the Disney+ series WandaVision will reportedly have a direct impact on the events of the film.
5. Spider-Man 3: Tom Holland’s Peter Parker returns for the third Spider-Man film in the MCU, which is currently without an official title. After the events of Spider-Man: Far From Home, Peter’s secret identity is revealed to the world, and the film is expected to explore the fallout from that revelation.
In addition to these films, Marvel Studios is also expanding onto the small screen with Disney+ series like Loki, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and Hawkeye. These shows will bridge the gap between the Phase Four films and explore new avenues for the MCU to expand upon.
Overall, the future of the MCU looks bright and exciting with a slew of new characters and stories waiting to be explored. Fans can be sure that Marvel will continue to push boundaries, break box office records, and keep audiences coming back for more.