The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has become one of the most popular film franchises in recent years. Starting with 2008’s Iron Man, the series has grown to include dozens of films, as well as television shows, comics, and more.
If you’re looking to dive deep into the world of the MCU, you’ll need a comprehensive list of Marvel movies. Here is the ultimate guide to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including every movie released to date.
Phase One: The Avengers Initiative
The first phase of the MCU began in 2008 with Iron Man and ended in 2012 with The Avengers. In between those films, there were four other movies that set the stage for the massive team-up film.
1. Iron Man (2008)
2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
4. Thor (2011)
5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
6. The Avengers (2012)
Phase Two: The Age of Ultron
Phase Two of the MCU started with Iron Man 3 and finished with Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015. This phase saw the introduction of new characters and the return of some old favorites.
7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
10. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Phase Three: Infinity War
Phase Three of the MCU comprised of ten movies and spanned from 2016 to 2019. This phase introduced new heroes like Black Panther and Doctor Strange, as well as the villainous Thanos, who would eventually become the big bad of the entire Infinity Saga.
12. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
13. Doctor Strange (2016)
14. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
15. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
16. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
17. Black Panther (2018)
18. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
19. Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)
20. Captain Marvel (2019)
21. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Phase Four: The Multiverse Saga
The fourth phase of the MCU started in 2021 with WandaVision, and it continues to build upon the universe with new characters and stories. This phase promises to introduce the multiverse, which could open up new possibilities for the franchise in the future.
22. WandaVision (TV Series) (2021)
23. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (TV Series) (2021)
24. Loki (TV Series) (2021)
25. Black Widow (2021)
26. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
27. What If…? (TV Series) (2021)
28. Eternals (2021)
29. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
30. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
31. Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
32. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has become a cultural phenomenon, and with so many movies and TV shows, it can be challenging to keep track of it all. This comprehensive list of Marvel movies should help you keep track of the entire franchise, from Phase One to Phase Four and beyond. Whether you’re a die-hard Marvel fan or a newcomer looking to get started, there’s never been a better time to dive into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.